|How are you holding up? As we enter week four of staying at home, how are you coping with your new routine?|
It’s a strange new world. I find myself uncharacteristically doing extra Spring cleaning and becoming annoyed with clutter and dust around my house.
Luckily, I brought a lot of my essential oils home from the office
before we shut down and they’ve become a helpful tool for keeping the germs at bay.
I was supposed to do teach a meditation/aromatherapy class at a client’s office last week and I had stocked up on oils to bring with me. Now I have a surplus of Stress Away and Grounding. If you’d like one, I’m sure we can figure out a socially-distanced way of getting one to you. The 15ml Stress Away is $40 and the 5ml Grounding is $25.
If you’re interested in trying some essential oils in your Spring cleaning, here are a few suggestions.
• Often found in cleaners and soaps, Lemon’s citrus scent is an indispensable freshener in any home and is a cleaning must-have.• Lemon has an energizing and uplifting aroma.
• It makes a great adhesive remover! Use a few drops to help remove stickers, labels, and goo from surfaces!
• Add a few drops to your laundry detergent or wool dryer balls for a pleasant, refreshing aroma.
• Add a few drops of Lemon to your surface cleaning solution to clean
your floors, surfaces, and windows.
• Add a few drops to your toilet bowl to keep the room smelling fresh.
• Pine essential oil is steam distilled from the needles of the Pinus sylvestris tree, which originates in Austria, the United States, and Canada.
• Refresh your home with the rich aroma of Pine. This essential oil is a great addition to floor surface cleaners and creates an aroma reminiscent of fresh air and the outdoors.
• It adds a clean, sweet scent to your home when diffused!
• Add it to your Thieves Household Cleaner to mop your floors.
• Combine Pine with water and spray it on carpet for a fresh smell after vacuuming.
• Add a few drops of Pine to olive oil and Thieves Household Cleaner to shine your wood furniture and floors.
• Replace overpowering aerosol fragrance sprays with Purification. This blend is great to keep your home and laundry fresh.
• Purification is made up of six essential oils for the ultimate tool against odors: Citronella, Lavandin, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Myrtle, and Tea Tree.
• It creates a refreshing, bright scent that keeps you and your family happy and comfortable, especially in the springtime!
• Add a few drops to laundry to give your wash a great-smelling boost.
• Place a few drops on cotton balls or wood clothespins and stash them wherever necessary: the car, closets and drawers, air vents, shoes, or gym bags.
• Create your own air freshener by mixing 5 drops of Purification and 2–3 drops of your favorite essential oil, plus a cup of distilled water, in a glass spritzer bottle to attack offensive smells after cooking. You can also use it to freshen your linens.
• Tea Tree is best known for its ability to get rid of musky, undesired odors. Diffuse it anywhere that needs some refreshing.
• Tea Tree is a great natural deodorizer.
• Mix 5 drops of Tea Tree and 3 drops of Lavender with a cup of baking soda to make your own carpet powder. Sprinkle it over carpet, let it sit for 15 minutes, and then vacuum away!
• This blend is a powerful combination of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary essential oils.
• Thieves fills any space with a rich, spicy aroma when diffused.
• Add a few drops to your dishwasher or dishwater to thoroughly clean your dishes and eliminate odors.
• Add a few drops of Thieves to a cotton ball and leave it resting on your air conditioning vent to infuse your room with its spicy, sweet aroma and eliminate odors.
• Mix 1 part Thieves Household Cleaner and 3 parts baking soda to create a thick, deep-cleaning paste. Apply the mixture to desired areas and scrub thoroughly.
If you have any questions about how to use the oils, please let me know. And if any of these call to you I’d be happy to help you place an order. If you would like to just have a casual chat, please feel free to text or email. We are all in this together and I would be happy to connect with you while we are navigating this new reality.
Hang in there!